Saturday, June 6, 2009

Taman Negara,Day3-Part3-

Gahhh...Just back from Malaka...So now I'll continue about Taman Negara...And then Melaka..=.=...(I really had fun)

The first activity was Canopy Walk...Really fun..=)...While walking on a narrow piece of plank..I tried to take some photos...

This was the way up yo the canopy walk...And only 4-5 person were allowed to walk on the canopy walk because of the weight...Each person had to keep their distance from 5m to 10m away from each other...so It was quite a long time till it was my turn to walk..=.=..

While waiting for my turn to walk..I had to "Q" up on top of that house tingy..while waiting I just took a picture of the view...

Yeah!!Finally it's my turn to walk...the plank was old and had a few cracks...so I had to be real carefull where I was gonna put my leg..0.0...This is the view when your on top of the trees..cool man..


Argh!!Wait up...>.<..

So cool....

While walking,I saw a blue butterfly...It was really small...but yet beautifull...=)..Than while taking pictures of it,the butterfly suddenly flew and stood on my fingers..I was amazed by how friendly it was....o.o... I couldn't get a clear shoot of it because the canopy walk tingy was shaking and I wasn't holding the coners..so it was hard to balance>.<...

At one of the plat forms...I saw a tree with colourful fruits.=)
After the canopy wallk I had rappid shooting..(no it's not where you shoot things...=.=)It's where eveybody sits in boats,well there were 3 boats during the rappid shooting because each boat only can have about 10-12 people.I couldn't take photos of this because I know there'll be lots of splashing and loud noise going"Argh!!!I'm wet"..So I had to wrap my camera,wallet at back up bateries in many many plastic bags..>.<..

And off we went..splash,splash...I was all wet..so was my bag...poor bag..

Then I reach an orang asli trib...It was one of the biggst trib in Taman Negara..there were about 3-4 families at there..And guess what?I saw the same tingy that I saw during the trip to the ear cave...It was a blow pipe tingy...
As you can see..this part of the bamboo is where the orang asli keep their poision arrows..Those arrows are covererd no..not frog's skin poision..but a latex from a special tree..they just have to cut a bit from the tree to get the latex..this latex is said to be very very posionious..it can kill a full grown man in second..depending on your imune system,if your a healty person you might survive this shoot by washing it with mud water.
Notice the lines carved on the blow pipe tingy..well at first I tought It was for pattern or beauty..But as the guide explained..he said each time the orang asli kills an animal,they'll carve a line to show how many animals they have killed.The guide even said that one of this blow pipe tingy can last for 70 years...so by the time it reach 70,the blow pipe will be full of that line.
These are the houses stayed by the orang asli...they are real african people who came to malaysia many many years ago...While listing to the guide..I took some photos of the children walking around..
And their daily life...Batik clothes for the older women..jeans and simple shirt for the young kids..=)

Than I got to see how the orang asli make fire for their daily cooking..the weird thing is..when they are cooking meat and vegetables..they have to cook with seperate fires..thats why thay have to have at least 2 kitchen.

If they had used the same fire to cook different meals,the orang asli will quickly pack and find a new place to stay the next day.

It is said that if they had used the same fire for different meals,thunder storms and wild winds will occured..so it's really a wow for me..o.o..I mean..imagine if I wanna cook chicken,fish and vegetables..I have to have 3 fires..0.0..wow...
First he used a rottan and started rubbing agains the wood..well I did took a video of it..but it wasn't really that high quality..I shall up load it when I have the time..because it takes about 3hours++(I can't wait that long..>.<..)
I was really like "wow,wow,wow"even when my fever was like super high..o.o..suddenly he just pour the ashes into some dry leaves and tada!!!fire!!

O..Fire...

After that,the students were allowed to play at the river for about 15minutes..I did not play because my fever made me felt cold and in the same time hot..did not really enjoyed waiting for the time to pass..so took a few pictures while sitting inside the shaking boat..


And than finally the boat started on it's journey back..Haaa....you can't imagine how happy I was...and that is the end of my day at Taman Negara...tataz;)

2 comments:

  1. hey,Nike=)Shin Wei here.I just read at your blog on your trip to taman negara part 3. Your description is very interesting. You had explain to the smallest detail. But, I had found a few spelling mistakes in it =b I will always read your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O..o.o..really??I din't cheack,silly me>.<..haha..when I have the time I'll slowly go through it again>.<..thanks for telling=)

    ReplyDelete